Sunday, 1 August 2010

Artisan Market ,Catherine Hill

Today I finally found time to go to the Artisan Market on Catherine Hill, Frome, and I was not disappointed! Held on the first Sunday on the month it's a showcase for local talent. I stupidly forgot I had my camera in my bag until we were nearly at the bottom of the hill so haven’t got as many photos as I’d have liked.


This photo is taken from St Catherine's website.


The traders I liked best were ‘felt so good’ where there were delicious looking felt bags just right for birthday and Christmas presents for the girls in your life and my complete favourite Miss Havishams Attic – to die for collection of vintage inspired cards and ephemera.



Here is her business card, but she explained that she had corrected her original spelling to fall in line with Miss Havisham of Great Expectations. Her web page is lovely, sprinkled with fairy dust as you move your cursor!


I didn’t expect to find food at the market, but there was a baker with the most fantastic looking bread, local farm shops and a cheesemaker were there, locally produced hot food available, and unbelievably a vendor called the anti-cupcake company selling whoopies and brownies. I’ve forgiven her her name (I love making cupcakes) because the produce looked so good. She was trading outside her mum’s shop,’ bonbons’ at the bottom of the hill.


Whoopies at the 'anti-cupcake company'



Strawberry cupcakes from Pandie Cakes



Seasonal flowers too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We also enjoyed our visit to the artisan market- first time! I went for the bread and bought two spelt loaves, the most divine croissant covered in almonds with marzipan inside and two DELICIOUS chicken mushroom pies beautifully packaged. Sarah bought an oak dressing table and a print. I bought 5 necklaces!! We are also fans of the anti-cup cake company! It was lovely talking to the stall holders.