Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Sarah's Layer Cake Quilt

Sarah, Imogen's daughter, has just made her first quilt, a complete delight.  She chose a Layer Cake Selection which, she said, reminded her of the fabrics her grandmother had had, which makes it all the more charming. 

I have not noticed Layer Cake fabric packs anywhere (being blinkered most of the time), but looking it up on the Moda Bakeshop site, I see that there are 42 10" squares in each pack. I don't know why, but this particular pack reminds me of a Punch and Judy show, a Helter Skelter, or a circus  from  a watercolour painting or on the box of an old jigsaw!


Imogen and Sarah with Sarah's First Quilt

There are some much better photos on The Faerie Godmother Blog  Sarah says she's set to continue with her quilting,  she has some great ideas planned for the next one! and she has opened my mind to the possiblities of pre-cut packs

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for all your encouragement with my first quilt. I have finished it completely and have now started on the next one! I was really inspired by the quilts you made and I loved the antique floral one! I shall put this on my quilts to make list!! Sarah

Angela said...

Thanks Sarah, I loved meeting you and sharing enthusiasms!! Looking forward to seeing that very special next quilt you were planning.